You know when you pay lots of money for vendor software training but your team can't really relate that back to your specific deployment?
We solve that problem by providing a variety of training options: standardized or a fully customized education & training program for your specific instance. Delivered onsite or remote.
Our goal at the end of the training: knowledge, awareness & and the ability for your team can jump right in and be productive.
Plus with a variety of support options we won't leave you stranded after - we'll be available to answer the usual follow up questions that always arise. All at a cost that can typically save you 25% of your training budget.
We know the solutions inside and out and have a proven track record in providing training for platform administrators, teams and end users.
Let us know your education gap and we can outline some options.
Course Length: 3 days
Time: 9 am - 5 pm (Eastern)
Who: This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators approx. 0‑3 months into a new deployment.
ServiceNow Fundamentals (previously Platform Administration) Training
This course is designed for system administrators who are new to the ServiceNow ecosystem. During this 3‑day interactive training course attendees will implement various system administration functions in their own instance, learning to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks. Specifically, attendees will learn to:
- Perform core configuration tasks
- Work with User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules and client scripts
- Add users, groups and roles
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), import sets and update sets
- Work with two key process applications: Knowledge Base and ServiceNow Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Configure alerts and notifications
- View upgrade history and status
- Control system access and data security
- Create baseline performance metrics
- Run reports, configure service level agreements (SLAs) and perform instance branding and customization
- Integrate social IT elements and learn best practices
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands‑on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real‑world example. Successful candidates will be ready to take the “ServiceNow System Administrator” exam and earn their certification!
ITIL Simulations (PoleStar IT Service Management)
Simulations are an effective form of experiential learning. They involve putting people into a realistic simulated environment to allow them to experience complex situations or best practices, while creating breakthrough understanding of benefits and consequences.
Normally delivered over a number of ‘rounds’, the PoleStar simulation uses gaming dynamics to mirror the real world interaction between IT and the business, from both a strategic and operational perspective. The iterative nature of the ‘rounds’ is based around the experiential learning cycle theories of David Kolb. In addition, the experience continues between rounds through defined service transition phases requiring the participants’ engagement in planning for strategic and operational continuous service improvements.
THE BENEFITS of this Simulation include:
- Creates rapid familiarization with IT Service Management / ITIL terminologies, tools and processes.
- Breaks down silos, energizing and motivating staff towards successful change.
- Provides realization of the contribution that enterprise IT makes to business success.
- Creates commitment to IT Service Management related improvement programs.
- Provides a fast and cost effective alternative to traditional ITSM training.
Course Length: 1 day
Time: 9 am - 5 pm (Eastern)
Who: This course is designed for teams 10+ and is a highly participative face-to-face experiential learning workshop designed to drive change and create breakthrough understanding of the benefits of ITSM tools and best practices.
Bringing to life the behavioural and business issues faced by IT organizations today, Polestar ITSM offers an unparalleled level of interactivity to participants while creating a fun, and highly memorable, shared experience for all.
Schedule it here...
...or feel free to contact us and we can set up some time to talk about your specific Education & Training needs.